Utilities deposit is $200. This covers electric, water, gas, trash and sewer.
Utility Service Information
- At first connection there is a deposit due for services purchased from the City, on all rental properties. If the residence has all services, electric, water, and gas, $200 will be due before utilities can be changed. If water is the only service provided, the deposit will be $20.
- The deposit can be made with a check, cash or credit card.
- Bills are due and payable by the 25th of the month.
- Bills are considered delinquent and late charges, 2% of the current amount due, will be added after the 25th of the month.
- Bills not paid by the designated cut-off day are subject to termination.
- In order to restore terminated service, a reconnect fee of $45 will be collected, the past due amount is to be paid in full at the time of reconnection.
- A fair hearing may be requested at least three business days before the designated cut-off day to make arrangements to satisfy my obligations.
- Meters are the property of the City and may not be tapered with, turned off or on, or otherwise abused, subject to termination of service.
- It is understood that the City does not guarantee uninterrupted service.
- All meters will be available to the meter reader or service man upon request or on a designated reading date. Meters that cannot be read will be subject to estimated billing. If the situation persists because of a locked gate of dogs in the backyard, you may receive a letter requesting that you read your meter each month.
- K.S.A. 12-856, Section 1 states that any person residing or occupying a property to which municipal utility serves are provided must pay all fees in full upon vacating the property. The municipality shall not be required to contract with a person if such person has outstanding or unpaid charges for utility services provided by such municipality.